Monday 16 January 2017

Karan talks his secrecy with SRK, a must read



Karan Johar with Shah Rukh Khan's youngest son AbRam

Karan Johar's biography An Unsuitable Boy continues to make news, whether its for KJo opening up about his sexuality or spilling the beans about his rift with Kajol. The Ae Dil Hai Mushkil director is extremely close to Shah Rukh Khan, who he considers an "older brother," and is even protective of SRK's kids, Aryan, Suhana and AbRam.

ALSO READ | Karan Johar on being gay: Everybody knows what my sexual orientation is

ALSO READ | Karan Johar on SRK's son Aryan's debut: I will be a big part of it

In his biography, he writes about his parental feelings towards them. "I go to Gauri's house now to play with AbRam. Even if Gauri is not there, I go and sit and him. And he comes and spends time with my mum all the time. My mum loves him. He is like a toy that you want to own. He came to the office the other day and the entire staff came out to see him. Everyone was behaving as if Brad Pitt had arrived. He was delighted with all the attention."

Karan also opened up on the rumoured rift between him and SRK. "Shah Rukh is a very possessive friend. I think I may have hurt him when I made a film without him. And I think I got hurt because when I did, I felt he didn't give me that paternal or fraternal feeling that I had from him otherwise. I think we were two hurt friends for no reason."

He revealed that the "simmering silent distance" between them went out of the window when they met at the success party of Piku. Karan wrote, "I hugged him instinctively and said, 'I've missed you.' And he said, 'You've no idea how much I've missed you.' We had this moment." He also added that "when the origin of the friendship is so strong, it just cannot die."

No comments:

Post a Comment